MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Log Posting IP Addresses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Log Posting IP Addresses
Do you wish to log ip addresses of users who post, and who you want to show ip addresses to.

IPs are still logged even if they are not displayed they are logged. The description infers that it shouldn't be logged.

Do you wish to log ip addresses of users who post

The option is "Do not log IP" but as reported...it still logs.
I think the description should be fixed then, not the current programming.
Either way. And why not just remove the ability to log IPs? It's imho useful for some sites that do not want liability of logging that info. Political sites as an example. Sites where they allow anonymous posting too.

But again...either way...I don't really care. Just a bug I noticed. I have no sites that I use that setting.
+1 For being able to remove the logs! I was going to have to do this manually
Moving to suggestions since you want added functionality.
I can see where you're coming from, though I think for all serious cases, you'll probably want anonymous posting as well. It's not that difficult to get someone's IP (for example, send PM with image), but if there's no sense of identity on the board, then there's not that much point.

Just adding random 2 cents.
Nickman made a mod for that Yumi. I just want to take it out on a couple boards, thats it.