MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 RTM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-07-23, 01:34 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Which programs? You can get most to work Via Wine or Virtual box.

But if you are using Wine you are not totally away from Windows and so I see no point to use Linux instead of Windows. Because you can use a Linux also in a VM within Windows. Wink
I use Windows for gaming only, so normally I'd not see the need for buying a new windows version; however the Windows 7 Home for $50 offer wasn't too bad, so I preordered two copies (English and German from Amazon). Most likely I will only keep the English one (localized versions suck), and sell the German one for at least $100, so in the end it'll amount to Windows 7 Home for free. Toungue

Unless of course Microsoft crosses my plans by making Windows 7 cheaper within the first two months after release... but since Microsoft loves money I hope they won't do that. Wink
I just like linux a bit more.
I'm currently using Windows 7. Last 2 years I used Ubuntu and XP. Now I just use 7.
The only problems I face everyday is Firefox which seems to pause for 2 seconds whenever I load a web page - this doesn't happen always but most of the times
The Current 7600 version is really nice. It just gets faster and faster with each release. This is almost final version so there won't be any changes that will have huge impacts on system. They'll probably release some updates after first week to fix bugs that someone finds or fix exploit.
(2009-07-23, 07:53 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-23, 01:34 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Which programs? You can get most to work Via Wine or Virtual box.

But if you are using Wine you are not totally away from Windows and so I see no point to use Linux instead of Windows. Because you can use a Linux also in a VM within Windows. Wink

Well two reasons. Linux= more security. The member base seems to also find work arounds faster then windows (mind you i've only looked once or twice.)

Much more choice too. Freedom really
The only thing that was holding me to windows was my games Toungue. But, I canceled the last one and the only other one I really played was Battle for Wesnoth Wink.

I was going to do Windows 7 (signed up and downloaded the RC and everything). Then I found I would just have to reformat again when I buy the final Rolleyes.

So I went with Linux Big Grin. Only thing I miss is Photoshop CS4 but I can live with CS2.
Or you could use gimp...
(2009-07-23, 04:18 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could use gimp...

Nope, that's not a viable option. GIMP GUI sucks!.
Use an older version and gimpshop?
Pages: 1 2 3