MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Safari 4.02 VS FireFox 3.5.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-07-23, 03:03 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-23, 02:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, what happened to Opera 10 displaying CSS3?? I'm sure it used to, then just seemed to stop :|

It did with the -o thing. Just like for firefox you have to do -moz.

Ah that never occurred to me, I'll give it a go.
(2009-07-23, 11:35 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-23, 04:04 AM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]If you want a browser that crashes all the time...download Google Chrome...rofl.

If it crashes for you 'all the time' it's something on your end, it only crashes on one site for me, and rarely at that.

Firefox, ie8, Safari, Opera, Avant, Flock, Konqueror all work fine....it's only chrome that gives me issues. I do alot of multi-tasking and maxing and minimizing along with dreamweaver and photoshop.

I do love the topsites feature of Safari though Lightbulb
Between FF and Safari, it depends on the OS I'm using. For Windows and Linux I prefer FF, but under Leopard I prefer Safari. Safari for Windows looks weird to me due to their custom GUI widgets and font rendering which, together, make it look out of place on the system. Under Leopard I have no reason to install FF because Safari is a reasonably good browser that's integrated into the OS and therefore doesn't take up space I might want for other things (though this is much less of a problem now that I've moved on from a 12 GB partition to a ~ 157 GB partition).

That and I didn't quite do things right when I set FF up to share the profile between the Windows version and the Mac version. I might attempt that again later though.
(2009-07-23, 03:03 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-23, 02:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, what happened to Opera 10 displaying CSS3?? I'm sure it used to, then just seemed to stop :|

It did with the -o thing. Just like for firefox you have to do -moz.

This is only the rounded corners, though. There is some stuff that is not rendering acceptably, even stuff that is not CSS3.

I can't wait for CSS3 to be finalized, lord.
Idk Opera seems to be running CSS3 pretty well.

http://www.css3.info/selectors-test/test.html
Well ...looks like i cursed myself with FF...locked up 3 times today. Not running good at all now...rofl
(2009-07-24, 12:22 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Idk Opera seems to be running CSS3 pretty well.

http://www.css3.info/selectors-test/test.html

Indeed, that test does pass well ... but really, I think my screenshot speaks for itself. Even the fieldset looks bad.
It doesn't mean Opera isn't displaying it correctly though. It could be your site Wink. I mean Opera even Passed Acid3!
(2009-07-24, 04:14 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't mean Opera isn't displaying it correctly though. It could be your site Wink. I mean Opera even Passed Acid3!

So did Safari :|
(2009-07-24, 03:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, that test does pass well ... but really, I think my screenshot speaks for itself. Even the fieldset looks bad.

Yes but have you written your site for opera? By using -o?
Pages: 1 2 3 4