MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Customisation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Im new to MyBB but a PHP Developer as a living.

I want to customise the registration and hoping you can point me in right directions.
- Disable Registration Agreement .. No one reads them and its not required.
- Hide Language Settings.. English only accepted
- Hide Account Preferences.. Via JS hide/show
- Hide Referrer .. Via JS hide/show (also can this setting me generated by refferal url?)

A few questions to go with this..
1. Are users redirected after registration to the page they came from (such as a webpage out of forum)
2. Are their referrer URLS?
Users are redirected to the forum index after registering if instant activation is turned on; if the registration method is anything other than instant, they'll get shown a message explaining what to do next (whether they have to activate via email, whether they've been sent a password, or if they have to wait for the admin to approve them).

To hide the langauge settings, you can remove the code for it from the usercp_options and member_register template, and also turn off the language selection box from the footer.

I believe if you give a URL like ./member.php?action=register&referrer=username it'll work, but that only works when the agreement is turned off (but you want to do that anyway which is convenient)... I don't know exactly how to turn it off, I think it needs a core file edit.

There's also a plugin on mybbcentral.com and mybbsource.com to generate a referrer URL.
To Disable Agreement
Changed Lin 373 on member.php from
if((!isset($mybb->input['agree']) && !isset($mybb->input['regsubmit'])) || $mybb->request_method != "post")
to
if(1==2 && ((!isset($mybb->input['agree']) && !isset($mybb->input['regsubmit'])) || $mybb->request_method != "post"))

Thanks I will edit the member_register template now, and find the redirect on registration to return them to previous page.