MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im trying to make it so my users can upload the files to the site but the problem is like i want to change the upload size limit of the zip file for example to 6MB but it says
Quote:The maximum file size for uploads of this attachment type in Kilobytes (1 MB = 1024 KB)

Please ensure the maximum file size is below the smallest of the following PHP limits:
Upload Max File Size: 2M
Max Post Size: 8M
if i went over this would that be ok or would that be bad?
Pretty sure you'll have to raise the Upload Max File Size because if a file is larger it'll just get rejected.
Ok but see in my admin CP when i go to change the max upload size it says

The maximum file size for uploads of this attachment type in Kilobytes (1 MB = 1024 KB)

Please ensure the maximum file size is below the smallest of the following PHP limits:
Upload Max File Size: 2M
Max Post Size: 8M

So if i went over 2mb would something bad happen or would it be ok? if i went over 8 mb would something bad happen or would it be ok?
PHP wouldn't let you upload anything higher than 2mb unless you change it in the global php.ini file. You can't do this unless your own your own private server.
(2009-07-23, 06:03 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]So if i went over 2mb would something bad happen or would it be ok? if i went over 8 mb would something bad happen or would it be ok?

As I said in my other post, if a file is above the Upload Max File Size limit, which is a PHP limit, it will be rejected, no matter what the ACP max size is. As Polar said, you need to edit in php.ini but whether you can or not is another matter.
>,< well dang ok thanks