MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: database configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm stuck at this part and as far as I can tell im doing everything correctly. I will try to add pictures of my phpadmin area, and of mysql and the database config page.
these are pictures if this helps.
The username needs to be just gamerzpo
hmm tried that, still not working =(
Well, I got that from your screenshot, if that doesn't work, double check your password, and if it still doesn't work, your host would be able to tell you better than us.
yea, i mean i tired it after you told me too and it didnt work but i suppose i'll talk to the host more. should the database name just be forum or gamerzpo_forum ?
Oh, hang on a minute, the third screenshot didn't work a minute ago, I was going off the second one, third one is working now...

The database should be gamerzpo_forum, yeah, and for the user, if gamerzpo_cls1321 doesn't work, try gamerzpo_cfv01. You could also make a new user to make sure the password is what you think it is.
is it possible that I uploaded the forums wrong ? I just talked to my host and had a live operator give me all the information (most of which you just gave me the same) including usernames, databases, host, and even port if needed. I know the password for cls is correct as I just made it so the only thing I can think is that some where along the way I did something wrong ?

if this its possible that Ive messed up beforehand I suppose I can try to go through all the painful steps to upload it again. or maybe mybb forums weren't meant for me lol.

ps: are there any hosting company's that offer a quick install option for mybb ?
On some hosts the msql database name has to be under a certain ammount of characters, so make the username and the name both gamerzpo_a. not sure though because that what happened on a host i was on

Thanks

Edit: Could you show me your ftp?, where the files are
hey its worth a try josh, thanks.
It should give an error if it's too long/short when you're creating it.

Instead of putting localhost into the hostname setting, put 127.0.0.1 instead, see if that works.
Pages: 1 2