MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Editing [R]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I go to edit my profile (Sex, Location etc...), once I put what want, I click on Update Profile, and I get this error.

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:

* The birthday you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid birthday or leave the field empty.

The field is empty.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-52063.html

Actually, I just checked the SVN, this is fixed for the ModCP but still happens in the UserCP... no birthday = error.
Thanks for that link Smile

I'll try it in the ACP then.
(2009-07-23, 10:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I just checked the SVN, this is fixed for the ModCP but still happens in the UserCP... no birthday = error.

It was fixed to what Ryan wanted:

(2009-06-30, 12:58 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]The User CP should get an error and the Mod CP shouldn't.

The ModCP will allow a moderator to remove the birthday, but if one is entered and is wrong, an error will be shown. The UserCP will show the error if the birthday is wrong, or no birthday is entered.
Well, it still says 'Please enter a valid birthday or leave the field empty'... but if you're seeing this error, it's because it's empty...
Why is the birthday empty in the first place? Aren't you required to enter the DOB during registration?
No Toungue That's only if COPPA is enabled, there's no birthday form on the registration page. I think there should be though, a lot of people have requested it, but that'd probably be for 1.6.
So the easiest thing to do is to apply the same fix to the UserCP in 1.4 and allow them to remove/leave blank. (Thus, fixing the original bug).

Then, in 1.6, include a feature to force users to enter a DOB (maybe a minimum age setting too?) at registration.
Sounds like a plan.
(2009-07-24, 07:29 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]So the easiest thing to do is to apply the same fix to the UserCP in 1.4 and allow them to remove/leave blank. (Thus, fixing the original bug).

Then, in 1.6, include a feature to force users to enter a DOB (maybe a minimum age setting too?) at registration.

I think just the fix is fine for both 1.4 and future versions
Pages: 1 2