MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Actual Premium Themes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't see this working at that level. $1-$2 means the paypal cut is huge.

And if people are willing to pay $1-$2 they are probably willing to pay $5-$20. People don't pay because they are either broke or expect it for free. Not just because it's priced amazingly cheap.

You might find out that you only get 5-10 people paying per theme...break that down and you will earn maybe $10 per theme. Not enough to justify the work. This assumes you have quality themes.
I considered it too. But I just wanned to provide some alternative on themes, and not all themes will be $2, some will be more expensive. Neverthless, there's no help with Paypal.

I was actually expecting that some more people downloaded the themes... and I really I hope so. Maybe I just considered compulsive customers Toungue
No reason you can't run any number of free open-source shopping cart systems to manage the sale of themes.
I browsed through some of them, but most of them worked with Paypal anyways. And I found them kind of complicated, and well, I wanned to base the site on MyBB.
Myself for the one theme I have released >.< just place a buy it now link in the showcase thread. ATM I'm going to try CubeCart though, then if it works as planned I'll just integrate it into MyBB.
I'd use Foxycart, but probably the revenue wouldn't be enought to actually pay for the service Toungue

But I'm trying to change MyDownloads' templates.
I didn't think Paypal took a cut if its a personal account. And you could always do it the old fashioned way. Use the old fashioned method (they send money and you send an email containing a zip or rar with the theme) or use a donate button.
Quote:I didn't think Paypal took a cut if its a personal account.

Of course they do.

And here is a list of decent sites to get a script.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_...utions_dgd

It's worth it imho for you to have a solution that might already exist.

This looks like a great deal and they offer alertpay option too: http://www.softseller.com/SS/
On $5 USD they take 45 cents. It's lame, but hey, what can you do?
Pages: 1 2