MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Actual Premium Themes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Even though, there was a recent debate about people chargin for themes and/or plugins, I decided to keep this project.

Just a little story about this before introducing the actual project: I saw this project some months ago, but I needed a more advanced Paypal conection. I hired a developer like two months ago, and two weeks ago, he told me he couldn't get the plugin done Confused. So I asked Pirata Nervo if he could do that for me, and well, in some days he told me he added the feature to MyDownloads. It was awesome how fast he made it! So that's why this project is kind of delayed.

Now, to the project. Have you seen wordpress premium themes? Yeah, now there are many sites offering that kind of themes for wp, selling themes not by subscription, but by individual theme.

So I though MyBB needed something of this nature, therefore I decided to start it Smile

Prices? No, they won't be expensive at all. And you just have to pay for what you want. I'm planning to provide a starting price of 1-2 USD per theme (which will have an outstanding quality, you might know how I make my themes (if you've been my client Toungue))

Hopefully, the site will be up and running entirely on MyBB within the next month, with great content available Big Grin

What are your thoughts about this?

(If you have something about people charging for something... just don't post it here, we already had a discussion about that IMO)

PS: I won't post the name as I wanned it to be a surprise Toungue but oh well, it's not a surprise anymore xD
Aww, I wanted to do this! But there is a security factor, if one person already downloaded via a download link, they can just send the link to other people.
1-2 USD per theme sounds perfect enough to actually sell a volume worth selling.
I'd buy a theme at that price range, especially if the designs are much more complex than what some themes provide.
I think the plugin works on a more complex way than just giving away the download link (well, I haven't tested it Toungue) As there is an option to limit the number of downloads per time buyed.
Kind of old thread, but really good idea.
Who will be making the themes? Or will people be able to upload of their own?
Most likely combus' and the team's I think. But that would be also nice. Like a marketplace thing, we could start our own account and make our own themes regardless the site's official themes, and charge for them. Kind of interesting..

As for the thread, $2 seems nice for each theme..
I don't mind making a theme that's worth for premium, reason why I asked.

If it's like that, sort of of a marketplace feel, I'd guess t heme submissions will be manually handled.

$2 for each theme xD I'd imagine people buying endlessly. Or some others complaining how 'expensive' it is.
I'll be making most of themes, but I'm planning to let people to submit their own content to sell of course Wink But it would have to be aproved by a staff member.

lol I know! I think there will be people that would still complain about "how expensive" it is Toungue
Pages: 1 2