MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha problem in member.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried to upgrade a few times, but the board is so big that it is faced with so many errors... Even though I could upgrade the board, its custom templates and other modifications, I did, would be mess... So I think I should wait till a better upgrade process would be possible with a few errors... Anyway I will try again...
Well its upgrade and fix it or don't upgrade and possibly get hacked.
(2009-07-25, 11:25 AM)FirefoX Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to upgrade a few times, but the board is so big that it is faced with so many errors... Even though I could upgrade the board, its custom templates and other modifications, I did, would be mess... So I think I should wait till a better upgrade process would be possible with a few errors... Anyway I will try again...

I've upgraded two 1.2.12 forums to 1.4.8 and about 10 1.4.x forums to 1.4.8 with no problem so if you're getting errors, it isn't the upgrader's fault. Very few templates need to be reverted to default, it's highly unlike you would have made any changes to them, and other modifications won't get in the way. There won't be a 'better upgrade process', and you won't want to wait until 1.6 to upgrade if there are issues now. If you upgraded to each version as it was released, it'd probably have been fine... and your board can't be too big, ncaabbs has 4.4 million posts and has been upgraded.
Now, it has a 440 MB sql database and a 1.2 GB uploads directory. Errors after the upgrade process is due to the modifications I did as I've modified several php pages as well as templates. In the meantime, I'm concerned about the board's performance after the upgrade process becuase I witnessed that it got a bit slower after I'd converted 1.2.12 to 1.4.4. So I'd to change the server with a better one. New features require better dual processors. I'm sure MyBB is the better one I've ever known, and I don't criticize the software or upgrader. Maybe I'm a bit tired of upgrading since 1.1.1. I'm grateful to all the developers and support team of MyBB. If MyBB software was subject to payment, be sure that I'd pay for it. Thanks...
Pages: 1 2