MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Urgent question concerning Ebay (buying nintendo ds!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Um, gladly I know an expert with ebay irl, so he's taught me quite a few things.

Bid on those auctions, however, if you see the same person bidding with you, don't get extreme or competitive or anything, because that will make you lose money. Also, all shipments are taken seriously. The money isn't actually withdrawable from the account until you leave them a rep, or they go a certain amount of days without a complaint. If you don't get your order, or it's broken, they'll immediately have a strike against them, whether it was their fault or not, unless of course they agree to a full refund.

So basically, yeah, you're safe to bid on those, although you might end up wasting time, you won't lose your money.
(2009-07-24, 08:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-24, 08:47 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-24, 07:45 PM)destroyer Wrote: [ -> ]Why is paypal safer than bank transfers then?Smile

I think with paypal, you can report payments that go bad, and get your money back or something.

pretty sure you can do this at your bank as well

No trust me, Paypal is much much safer than bank transfer, i have dealt very extensivley with their disputes system both as a buyer and a seller.

If something goes wrong either party just needs to raise a dispute (through paypal, not eBay) and paypal has a step by step process where each party gets 14 days from memory to present their case and give options to the other party, if it cannot be resolved in this time then all your negotiations and evidence will be forwarded to the paypal resolution center and they will make a ruling (generally in the buyers favor but really when can the buyer be at fault?) and then issue a refund / make a payment to the winning party and they will literally take this from the other persons account (ie. they will have a negative balance and you get your money) and then thats it for you, your job is done and paypal will chase up the money. If they can't get it back then paypal wears the cost as part of their insurance.
Exactly. With paypal they will force things to get done.
Thanks guys, I'll concider paypal. Smile

By the way, I've see that people started bidding on these auctions this night, so prices have raised to at least EUR 14,81 ..
Keep in mind also that some game systems have region restrictions where games from certain countries won't play on systems from certain countries. Look into this before bidding. Wink
(2009-07-25, 07:52 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind also that some game systems have region restrictions where games from certain countries won't play on systems from certain countries. Look into this before bidding. Wink

The DS does not.
(2009-07-25, 08:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-25, 07:52 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind also that some game systems have region restrictions where games from certain countries won't play on systems from certain countries. Look into this before bidding. Wink

The DS does not.

Wrong the DSi and newly manufactured DS lites are region locked
So if I buy a DS from France, will I be able to play - for example - a dutch Pokémon game, or not?
The main regions are:

* Asia (NTSC-J)
* North America (NTSC U/C)
* Europe and Oceania (PAL, PAL/E)
* China (NTSC-C)
(2009-07-25, 08:03 AM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-25, 08:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

The DS does not.

Wrong the DSi and newly manufactured DS lites are region locked

Wow. That sucks.
Pages: 1 2 3