MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird bug with ignore names [R]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LOL, this is a bit funny to spot ...

[attachment=14856]

When opened, it's definitely HarryWX's post.

Unfortunately I can't offer any "recreation" steps because I don't have any idea how or why it's happening at all.
That's what you see when someone is on ignore..what's the problem?

EDIT: oh...lol it says ghazal.
Maybe you have too many people on your ignore list? Lol I dunno, weird.
I only have three people on my ignore list!
What thread was this? Does it happen again in the same thread?
Ah, weird. I added Bey Brad and labrocca to my ignore list for testing purposes and it showed Bey Brad's name all the way through:

[Image: hmmm.jpg]

I'm guessing it always takes the first ignored user that posted in the thread and uses that name.
The problem is that when this line (found in inc/functions_post.php) :
$lang->postbit_currently_ignoring_user = $lang->sprintf($lang->postbit_currently_ignoring_user, $post['username']);
Is run for the first time, it will replace {1} from:
The contents of this message is hidden because {1} is on your <a href=\"usercp.php?action=editlists\">ignore list</a>.
With the user name of the author of the first post that's in your ignore list.
So, if there are at least 2 posts (both made by different uers) whose authors are in your ignore list, the 2nd time that line is executed, {1} is no longer there as it was replaced with the user name of the previous author.

Here's my fix:
Edit the template 'postbit_ignored' and replace $lang->postbit_currently_ignoring_user with $ignored_message.
Then open up inc/functions_post.php and find:
$lang->postbit_currently_ignoring_user = $lang->sprintf($lang->postbit_currently_ignoring_user, $post['username']);
Replace with:
$ignored_message = $lang->sprintf($lang->postbit_currently_ignoring_user, $post['username']);
While I am currently not at my dev machine to whip up a fix, I have tested this bug report and it is reproducible.
At first glance, seems like a good fix. Does it need to be globalized?
(2009-07-26, 04:13 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]At first glance, seems like a good fix. Does it need to be globalized?

What does need to be globalized? $ignored_message? Oh no, let me remove it from my post, sorry.
Pages: 1 2