MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 1.3 -> MyBB 1.4 request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will there be a converter for Invision Power Board 1.3 to MyBB 1.4? Some people still use it because it was the last free version of IPB even though it's outdated. I have an IPB 1.3 forum that I need to convert to MyBB. If there isn't going to be a converter for it, how else could I convert it in a way that will have passwords working and all that?
It is probably very unlikely that a converter will be written at this stage for an old version of IPB. SMF have an IPB 1.3 converter though so you could convert to SMF and then to MyBB.
Will the people be able to log in after the conversion through two systems since I would imagine all three have a different way of hashing passwords?
Well, I'll try it and see. Thanks for the suggestion.
Im also looking into converting my IPB 1.3 forum to MyBB. Could someone please give me a step by step guide on how to do this? Are there any costs involved? Will all the members still be there along with all their posts and will everything work fine?

edit: Would it be easier if i converted my forum to ZetaBoards first?
(2009-07-27, 04:52 PM)Pyro Stick Wrote: [ -> ]edit: Would it be easier if i converted my forum to ZetaBoards first?
You raised a good point. I mean, you could try converting to other forum systems till one of them is included in the MyBB Merge System (e.g. IPB 1.3>Example BB 2.4> ExampleBB 1.5, and let's suppose ExampleBB is included in the MyBB Merge System) Just a thought..would be very tiring.
Considering nobody has access to the zetaboards database structure it's pretty much impossible to build a converter for it.
(2009-07-27, 11:00 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Considering nobody has access to the zetaboards database structure it's pretty much impossible to build a converter for it.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Now i wont convert it to Zetaboards.

Are there plans for a converter for IPB 1.3?
(2009-07-28, 02:43 PM)Pyro Stick Wrote: [ -> ]Are there plans for a converter for IPB 1.3?

As I said above...

(2009-07-24, 10:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It is probably very unlikely that a converter will be written at this stage for an old version of IPB. SMF have an IPB 1.3 converter though so you could convert to SMF and then to MyBB.
(2009-07-28, 02:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-28, 02:43 PM)Pyro Stick Wrote: [ -> ]Are there plans for a converter for IPB 1.3?

As I said above...

(2009-07-24, 10:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It is probably very unlikely that a converter will be written at this stage for an old version of IPB. SMF have an IPB 1.3 converter though so you could convert to SMF and then to MyBB.

So are there any step by step guides for someone who knows practically nothing about the subject of converting sites, getting a host etc?
Don't you already have a host if you have an IPB 1.3 forum....?? You're not using Invision free are you?? Don't think you can get database backups with that...
Pages: 1 2