MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Cornerstone -- Collaboration with combus!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After making multiple public invitations to designers to take me up on collaborating on a theme, combus has stepped up to the challenge and we've begun development on MyBB Cornerstone.

The concept behind this theme is that it will look great standalone; however, we will include everything we can to make it easier for website owners to customize the skin for their own use. Essentially, in addition to the default theme -- and, to some of us including myself, Afresh -- we want MyBB owners to be able to build on this, hence the name Cornerstone.

I plan to integrate some of the features that have made my website's theme a bit of a hit here, including fieldset postbits and continuous post bars, but it's all in the planning stages right now. If there's anything you'd like to see in this theme, please leave your comments here. Once I have some concepts ready to show, I will post them. Smile
Seems interesting. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Smile
Same here - Combus is a great designer; so I'm sure he has something good up his sleeve!

Keep us posted.
Here's some scraps I've been playing with:

[Image: mybbscraps.png]
The Edit/Delete/etc bit is brilliant.
True that's amazing. Good luck.
(2009-07-25, 10:47 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The Edit/Delete/etc bit is brilliant.

Thanks Smile
(2009-07-25, 09:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Here's some scraps I've been playing with:

[Image: mybbscraps.png]

Amazing! Can't wait to see more!
BTW, something I really want to due with this theme is rollovers using CSS positioning. I think rollovers can add a lot of "life" to interactive elements such as buttons within a theme. As you can see, the New Reply button glows when it is hovered over, and bar elements glow when they are hovered as well.
Awesome. With your graphic skills and combus's theme skills, this is going to look fantastic Smile
Pages: 1 2