MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some1 Try to Hack My Msn !!! READ IT ! and TAKE CARE !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-07-25, 01:13 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]that shouldn't be possible.

1/1 iframe with a keylogger?
I suspect over the last few days you were phished and then because they have your email from the phishing page they were able to send you an email.

The only other option is that they were able to perform the reset password from your security question which they found the answer to from a social networking site. This happens surprisingly often, for this reason you should never enter a meaninful answer into the secret question box when you sign up for something (ujhfakloihdsgf would do fine for an answer Toungue), this is how Sarah Palins yahoo account got hacked.

There are no other options from what you are telling us and judging by the sounds of things you are still able to log in/you were logged in then it has to be the first of these two (the second way will change your password so you are not able to log in).
my bank often forces me to enter security answers, unfortunately i can never remember what i've told them
Yes that's different though, you are not using that as a sole security measure to reset your password lol.
(2009-07-25, 11:57 PM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that's different though, you are not using that as a sole security measure to reset your password lol.

i was just contributing Sad

on topic, there's no way they can get your password just by you opening an e-mail unless it covertly installed a keylogger or something
(2009-07-26, 01:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-25, 11:57 PM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that's different though, you are not using that as a sole security measure to reset your password lol.

Sorry, didn't mean to be offensive or aggressive or anything there, i was more just trying to make the point that it is stupid for MSN, Live, Facebook, etc. to use a secret question as the sole authentication method for password resets as it is often very easy to get the answer from these very sites.

On another note, i am pretty sure that most email clients would block an Iframe so i think that is out of the question.

Can i suggest Mr-Cute that you search your history over the last 2 weeks or so for pages titled Sign In (what live titles their sign-in pages) and check that they all are indeed on the live or hotmail or MSN domains.
(2009-07-26, 01:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

on topic, there's no way they can get your password just by you opening an e-mail unless it covertly installed a keylogger or something

Actually with hotmail(not sure if it's still true) it was easy to steal passwords for msn messanger Toungue. http://www.hackthissite.org/ I beleive they had it as one of their basic missions. That was years ago and haven't visited the site in ages but ya.
I do vaguely remember that but that was from a very old version, i remember a few years ago the entire MSN system changed, AMSN (another client) wouldn't work for a few days until they released a new version that worked with the new system.
I would hope they fixed it. It's just that this topic made me remember it Toungue.
So, you didn't go here: http://hasdoneit.com/ and type in your password/username for MSN? Sounds to me like that's what you did :|
Pages: 1 2 3