MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding Pages Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to add a rules page and a front page to my forum but I don't have the slightest idea how. I just got my forum running last night and I'm still tweaking it before I open it for the public. How do I add those two? I have a rules plugin installed but I can't find out how to edit it or show it on the forums. I was wanting a front page to post updates and other news. I'm also trying to add an affiliates bar at the bottom of the page.

Rules plugin that I'm using.
You can use this too add new pages: http://www.learnmybb.com/forums/thread-106.html
Thank you for the early reply. Smile I'll try this.

Can't really get it....I'm sure if I keep tweaking it, I'll get it.
This is sort of what I'm looking for also... what I need is a page that is on my site, that has the MyBB nav bar with login or welcome depending if you're logged in. So it's not necessarily an extra MyBB page, but rather a seperate page I create that has the MYBB navbar.

Any ideas?

Thanks
You could use that, you'd need to include global.php, which this does, and you can have the nav bar etc as you normally would.
Matt, using the above method will create a new page in the template system, but i just want a completely seperate page.. ideas?
It's basically the same, but instead of calling a template, you'd just put the code in the file itself. So instead of...

eval("\$links= \"".$templates->get("links")."\";");
output_page($links);

... you'd just put all the content.