MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A suggestion for Theme/Plugin forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How about a rules list?

Something that covers the issue about paid/free stuff? Have noticed alot of release threads that end up in flaming because someone comes into it and posts that they dont wanna pay for it etc and then the flaming begins. Probably just best to have a rule or something/suggestion that asks people to go and request a free version in the request forum if they dont like the paid. I believe this would help avoid alot of headaches. But as well be sure to make mention that the flaming rules apply as well in the request forum when someone makes a request for a free plugin/theme there as well. Basically if someone cant help then suggest that they just dont reply. Smile
This has been discussed before.

It seems a solution was never agreed upon Toungue.
I reported that guy. No matter how much I disagree with you his comments were really uncalled for.

I'm not against this, if it cuts down on whiners from both sides to be honest.
(2009-07-25, 06:18 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]This has been discussed before.

It seems a solution was never agreed upon Toungue.

You mean the paid/free markings?

I was thinking more along the lines of some posted rules to help that till something is decided about the free/paid markings. Basically a reminder to people looking for plugins/themes about posting in those forums. Not the Authors. Problem is people getting into arguments in release threads with people flaming those who dont wanna pay, people flaming authors who wanna charge etc. That sort of thing.
Yeah, I vote for this suggestion Toungue
I suppose, though I am not sure how many people would listen to it but then at least we can report violating posts.
So, when someone releases a paid plugin, the whiners get to request a free version? ("._.)
I don't think that's going to solve any problems.
Basically it is providing a protocol for these whiners to follow and if they don't we have grounds to report their post so it doesn't taint our threads.
Oh, I misread the OP. That's not a great idea ... how about, "if you don't want to pay for it, don't post?"
lol yeah, it took me a while to make sense of the OP Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3