MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Vbulletin and IPB, you have the option to allow members to be able to see the forums, but not the content inside. They are also not allowed to see the last topic title. Instead, this is what is shown.

[attachment=14875]

Is there a mod that lets you do this? If not, anybody want to make it?
You can do this using default permissions. "Can View Forum"
(2009-07-25, 06:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this using default permissions. "Can View Forum"

No, that doesn't work. I want registered members (or any usergroup I choose) to be able to see the forum on the index page, but not the topic titles. Instead, the topic titles would be replaced with "Protected Forum." Also, once the click on the forum, they'll get a no permissions page.
(2009-07-25, 07:07 PM)Killswitch2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-25, 06:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this using default permissions. "Can View Forum"

No, that doesn't work. I want registered members (or any usergroup I choose) to be able to see the forum on the index page, but not the topic titles. Instead, the topic titles would be replaced with "Protected Forum." Also, once the click on the forum, they'll get a no permissions page.

iirc that's exactly what "can view forum" does
(2009-07-25, 07:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-25, 07:07 PM)Killswitch2 Wrote: [ -> ]

iirc that's exactly what "can view forum" does

Yeah I just found it. But it blocks the threads and posts count.