MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Super admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a problem: The first admin gave me the Administrator post, and he is now a simple user. I want to edit something in his profile, but it says that I am not an Super Administrator and I can't edit his profile. Do you know how can I change myself into Super Administrator or edit his profile?
Super admins are defined in ./inc/config.php. Line 70:

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

to:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,2';

Change the 2 to whatever it needs to be, i.e. your UID.
I changed the code to $config['super_admins'] = '1,2'; , but it doesn't work.
Well, is your uid 2?? If it is, it should work fine, I just tested it. You could also remove the 1 as well if it isn't necessary anymore...
Thank you!Big Grin It worked.
The initial code was $config['super_admins'] = '1'; , and I changed it to $config['super_admins'] = '';. Will this affect the security?
Well, being a super admin means you can't be edited or deleted in the ACP, so you should have your UID there so if a hacker makes themselves an admin, they can't delete your account.
Gidday Matt.

It's been a long time, but I have finally made another "stuff up".
I was playing around with permissions (a member asked why when being "not activated" they were in the banned group. I just have it that way so they can't access the forum unless they have been activated)

But I did something in permissions, now I cannot access the adminCP. I have been relegated back to being just a member. And so have the two other admins I have on my forum.

I have installed "phpMyAdmin" on the server (read as much as I could on this forum through searching) but with this I get "php5.2+ is required".

I am still running myBB1.4.4 because I am too scared of making another stuff up with it.
the site is www.fixmygps.net , and if required I can PM all the log in details to the server for you.

I have created a test account UN; testme PW; testtest

Sorry to be a pain in the Butt. But can you help

Geoff
We wouldn't be able to help with the phpMyAdmin issue, it sound like your host's PHP version is too old.

As for losing admin access, yeah it looks as if your usergroup has just been changed... when you can, run this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` IN ('X', 'Y', 'Z');

Replace the X, Y and Z with the uid of you and the other two admins, for example:

('1', '23', '42')

This will put you all back in the admin group if you've been removed.

And you should make upgrading a top priority, you're very lucky not to have been hacked, you're missing an important security fix... PM me if you'd prefer it if I upgraded for you.
Thanks Matt.
The PHP Version is 4.4.9, so is there any other way to get around this problem?????????
Well, if phpMyAdmin says it's necessary to have 5.2, you'll need to get your host to upgrade... 4.4.9 is very old, isn't supported by PHP anymore...
Pages: 1 2