MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need to remove recaptcha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am having trouble with members registering due to recaptcha and i need info on how to remove it.
Deactivate the plugin?? Unless you actually mean the default MyBB captcha...??
Yes the default one
Well that isn't recaptcha then... how are they having 'trouble'?? It's better to fix the problem than just cover it up by turning it off, and you'll be open to spammers signing up easier if it's off... if we know what's wrong, we can probably fix it.
It just displays 2,3, letters and never accepts them such as this [Image: captcha.php?action=regimage&imagehash=fc...fdbee8452d]
There is an error to this font: http://ld.hostei.com/board/upload/inc/ca...NYN___.ttf
Please upload the file again.
Well, I'd reupload the entire ./inc/captcha_fonts/ folder, in binary mode.
Seems better now that i did that, thanks man
I want to remove that completely from the registration page because I would rather use questions and answers. My potential members have emailed me saying they could not read the image so I had to make their account. This happens more often than not and I have a pretty popular board.

Anyway, I would like to remove it completely can you provide a solution to this.

Thanks so much in advance. Love the software.
Oh and I do have a question and answer part on the registration already so no spam will come into my forum. I also have 4 moderators who are very good at what they do.

Thanks,
Jon
To remove Captcha;

ACP > Configurations > General Configurations > CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting > Off