MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: posts counter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my forums are now working ok, but there's a small problem is that the member's posts counter is not counting correctly.

some of the members has over 14 posts but the counters shows 0, though, you can click the posts link on the members's status page and see all of his/her posts. but with no counting

please help

thanks
Heloo there,

this might be caused of different things.

first i would like u to make sure of the Make posts in this forum count towards user post counts which you find it in the Admin CP > Manage Forums and check all the forums' options.

If that didn't work try the "Recount stats" option in the admin cp.

if that also didn't help, try this Plugin you should upload it to the ./inc/plugins

regards
You beat me to this one zaher1988. I was just going to suggest that plugin as I had the same problem after converting my datase from phpbb. The plugin worked great for me so hopefully it helps you Phantom.
thanx alot Zaher...

but I still have the same problem although the plugin has been installed and activated.

plz check this out on our forums

Forum link

you can notice that when you click on the users on the index page and open the status page you won't get the correct posts count.

yours
hehe... I think I know what your problem is.

Go to Admin CPanel > Manage Forums then edit one of your boards. Look at the very buttom where it reads "Make posts in this forum count towards user post counts" and confirm that "yes" is selected. If it isn't select it and then activate the plugin Zaher linked to. This should fix your problem. You'll most likely have to set this for all your boards. Hope this helps!

EDIT:
I just noticed Zaher edited his post with this information. lol So yeah, sorry for the repeat.
i'm sorry maverickb7 but i haven't edited my post with ur precious infoBig Grin it can be confirmed by phantom Wink
just take a look when it was last edited Wink

anyway. phantom , i'm sure that you have checked that, so please go and edit your functions_post.php

find this piece of code
if($page > 1)
		{
			$postcounter = $mybb->settings['postsperpage']*($page-1);
		}
		else
		{
			$postcounter = 0;
		}
	}

make sure it looks like that.

or u can simply upload an original one.

regards
lol, I didn't mean you took that information from me, I just never noticed it for some reason. haha.. you have more knowledge about this stuff then me and if I'm not mistaken I might have even got that information from you a couple days ago when I had a simular problem. lol

Anyhow, hope you get your problem fixed Phantom.
thanks alot..

it's now working 100% Wink
What solved your problem?