MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I attempted to upgrade from v 1.46 to v 1.48...

And I thought I followed all of the instructions for upgrading...

What I did was replace all of the existing files with the ones in the new installer except for the ones in ./inc/settings.php. I deleted this and then hit the overwrite option in my FTP client.

Once uploaded the next step was to go to forum/install/upgrade.php.

I went there and it said something about a permissions error on the install directory, so I checked the permissions I think they were set to 755. I CHMODDED them to 777 and now that /install/upgrade.php shows "Error 500, Internal Server Error".

I don't know what the hell is going on. It seems everytime I attempt to upgrade or install these forums something goes wrong!

Your help is much apreciated! Thanks!
Did you CHMOD the directories as well?
Figured it out... I had to change the permissions back to 755, and then that page appeared again saying you have to remove the lock, so I deleted the lock file inside the install dir, and then it displayed that error again, so I had to change the permissions of upgrade.php.

Got the upgrade done now... So what should my install dir, and upgrade.php file be CHMODed to?

And why did the instructions not mention you have to delete the loc file? Seems it would be helpful for noobs like me if that was mentioned... I like Complete insturctions!
It would say to delete the lock file if you tried to access the ./install/ folder whilst it was till there.

It doesn't matter what the ./install/ folder and it's contents are CHMOD to, it can't be accessed with the lock file there, or you can just delete the folder completely.