MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum hacked..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there a friend of mine has had her forum hacked. basically her users are getting random trojan problems along the way trying to connect to sites like scanriteweb.com etc etc

it happened to me whilst i was in the admincp so im not sure if that would mean it doesnt point to the templates or not

anyways here is what i have tried/done

firstly i updated to the latest version from 1.2.x

i have looked in the themes folder and no suspect files there

checked the admins and there doesnt seem to be any added ones there

ive deleted the settings.php file and regenerated a new one

ive checked the templates and reverted the header and footer - all the others that could be causing issues, headinclude, index etc etc are all as default

one thing that i havent done yet is change the database password which i will do tomorrow when i get cpanel details

hope someone can give some more options of things to look for/change as im running out of ideas

many thanks in advance Smile
Is there any reason your friend is staying with 1.2.x? We don't support that series any more.

It seems that you've checked for everything I can think of. The only remaining thing I can think of is to upload all the files from the latest 1.2 series to ensure that there are no modified versions of files being used.

Change the database and FTP passwords when you get a chance, for peace of mind if for nothing else.

If there is no reason for staying with 1.2, please upgrade to the latest version of the 1.4 series. Smile
You're missing out on many new features.
hi ryan thanks for the reply. i have updated to the latest ver from 1.2.x (im now on 1.4.8) sorry should have made that clearer in my initial post

many thanks
Ah sorry, you did say upgraded from and not upgraded to. Smile

Has the problem continued since the upgrade?
yes it has ryan
bump anyone else have any ideas? im lost as to where to go from here