MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Same threatment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Think of it this way, hackforums.net plays a very important part in securing MyBB, because it is one of the largest hacking forums it is also one of the biggest hacking targets and if it can stand up to i am sure daily hacking attempts then it is truly a testament to the high security MyBB offers.

Labrocca runs dozens of sites anyway, that is just one, he has many more legitimate sites and his sites are some of the largest MyBB sites around and he has sold some of them for very significant amounts of money, some of his sites are listed here http://www.witza.com/

I am not saying that I/we condone people who hack rather I am just trying acknowledge the part that hackforums plays.
That's true however what the guy said i just think it's both useful and dangerous knowledge. There are some things that you can't escape no matter how much secured software you have.
To reply to adguy, yes i think it's a good thing for security, as well the security threat for the sites.
(2009-07-26, 07:50 AM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]There are some things that you can't escape no matter how much secured software you have.

Like what DDos?

Any way, i don't think you should hold the contents of his website against labrocca, he did not write any of it nor does he condone any of it. Plus studying how hacking works is a very important part of learning how to secure something so as a reference for people learning good security techniques it is certainly a valuable resource. I for one occasionally visit hackforums and almost every time I learn of a new way people are trying to take advantage of me and so I can learn what to watch out for in order to prevent this.
The thread is no longer. I think when the forums started out it served a slightly different purpose than it did now, as all forums do, it evolved over time.

As suggested, report threads and posts you have an issue with, or PM me (it's my job to deal with things Smile) and we'll work it out.

Thank you.
I would just like to add this; Without hackforums.net, we wouldn't have discovered the vulnerability fixed in MyBB 1.4.7 until weeks later, which would have been much more atrocious and damaging to everyone's MyBB forums if we didn't catch it early.
Pages: 1 2