MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [MybbAddons.com] Username generator plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: Username generator
Description: Sometimes people are just too lazy to find themself a nice nickname... This plugin will help these users.
The username generator plugin will add a simple link next to the username field on registration and in the User-CP name change page.
If you click the link a random username will be generated and filled into the username field.
Demo: MybbAddons.com - in User-CP (change name) or on the registration page.
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: 1.4.x
Adds files: [yes]
Changes files: [no]
Adds templates: [no]
Changes templates: [yes]
Adds to database: [no]
Changes database: [no]

Screenshots:
[attachment=14885]
Generate Username on registration
[attachment=14886]
Generate Username in User-CP

Example names generated with this plugin:
Azodovas, Ijkemofo, Elyxsici, Moezugix, Kuapicof, Arerojec

Credits:
Thanks to Jonas Wolf for his support with JS.

Download for subscribers:
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-554.html
i guess its sorta usefull... but i don't think this is your biggest hit.

Good job though.
Um ... so it just generates a bunch of random letters as a username. I think I'll pass on the subscription. Confused
Very Very Good Plugin Lennart

Congrats
lol. That's.. interesting. Rolleyes
It's definitely creative, but like Bey Brad, I don't think I'll be subscribing for it. :/
dope plugin, but not worth for subscribing. let me know please... whenever you decide to release the hide hack plugin. again, nice job.
(2009-07-27, 03:00 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]i guess its sorta usefull... but i don't think this is your biggest hit.

Good job though.

Don't think so too but maybe some people do find it useful Wink
Thanks!

(2009-07-27, 03:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Um ... so it just generates a bunch of random letters as a username. I think I'll pass on the subscription. Confused

You always pass Toungue
It doesn't just generater random letters, it also takes care of vowels and consonants. All in all a nice script, I used same script as Php-Script in my new browsergame (still in development).

(2009-07-27, 07:05 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]lol. That's.. interesting. Rolleyes

Indeed, it could even have generated your nickname Big Grin

(2009-07-27, 07:41 AM)Ooka Wrote: [ -> ]It's definitely creative, but like Bey Brad, I don't think I'll be subscribing for it. :/
The plugin alone is not worth a subscription but it's not the only thing offered so that's okay I think.

Thank you all for your nice comments.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
(2009-07-27, 07:52 AM)Raekwon Wrote: [ -> ]dope plugin, but not worth for subscribing. let me know please... whenever you decide to release the hide hack plugin. again, nice job.

Sent you a PM about this one...
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-555.html