MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I display a message to all my members and guests to inform them what screen resolution they are using and let them know what screen resolution is best to view my forum? If someone can make this into a plug in I would not mind paying them a little bit of money for their work.
Put this in your header template (Or your footer if you'd like):

<a href="javascript:alert('Your resolution is '+screen.width+'x'+screen.height);">
Click to view your current screen resolution</A>

And then, right below it, put this:

The site is best viewed in a 4353 x 2434545 screen resolution.

Just replace the numbers in the second one with the resolution that suits you best.

Not really worth someone making a plug-in. Toungue
(2009-07-27, 04:03 PM)Ooka Wrote: [ -> ]Put this in your header template (Or your footer if you'd like):

<a href="javascript:alert('Your resolution is '+screen.width+'x'+screen.height);">
Click to view your current screen resolution</A>

And then, right below it, put this:

The site is best viewed in a 4353 x 2434545 screen resolution.

Just replace the numbers in the second one with the resolution that suits you best.

Not really worth someone making a plug-in. Toungue

Thank you very much sir. I will try it now. I did not know if that would have requied a lot of work and that is why I asked if it could have been a plug in.
Yeah, it would require more work to be put into a plug-in than to just be used like this, unfortunately.