MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with Akismet.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Someone just joined my forum and they got banned for nothing. I believe it is an akismet issue. I am wondering what is the best way to resolve this. I would appreciate some suggestions.

Also, if I want to limit a users access to the site, what is the easiest way to do this?

ThanksBig Grin
Well, if you believe it's akismet, just delete the plug-in through your ftp.
You don't need to delete it just deactivate it in your AdminCP.
How do you mean Limiting a Users Access?
It's a false positive, they happen occasionally, it picks something up as spam and bans you for it even if it isn't. General advice is to only use Akismet if you're getting hit by a lot of spam, not to prevent it if you haven't got any yet.
Thanks peeps. So it seems the majority says to turn it off - will do. What I mean by limiting a users access, is if you do not want a particular user, whether it be a Mod, Admin, or general user to have access to a particular area, how do you set this up?
Set a new user group and don't give that user group access to the specific forum, then place the unwanted users in that group.
Or you could use this: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/specific-f...ned-for-14

This lets you ban individual users from specific forums. But if you want them to have access and not be able to do specific things then you will have to use a group.