MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Did my host screw up my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Long story short I was getting a lot of "HTTP Error 500 - Internal server error" and the forum was extremely slow. Most of today it was down with the Error 500. My web host finally got back to me and said the side loads and whatnot. I kindly replied back saying, "Yes it loads, but is broken". Basically it looks like a stripped down version of what it used to be. Every thread and post link leads to a 404 error. The ACP looks fine though.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?

http://www.ej8squad.com/index.php

Thanks,

Jeremy
Try uploading your MyBB files again, although make sure you don't replace settings.php and config.php. Unless of course someone else knows the problem and has something to suggest?
Got the below response from them.

Quote:Looking at your home directory, those html files do not exist. Did you
have some sort of rewrite going on? How were those pages served? Are they
missing? Please be specific as to how exactly they worked.

What does he mean are they missing? How they worked? What does that supposed to mean?
Just tell them you're using MyBB and no style or layout is appearing.
I got it. For some strange reason the "/cache" folder was named "/cach.off". Renamed it back to "/cache" and all is good.

I have no idea how it was improperly renamed. Should I be worried? Have I become compromised?

*edit* I thought I had it. Still doesn't work. It looks right. But all the threads and post still return a 404 error.
Additionally the support persons reply is below.

Quote:I'm saying I need to know exactly how those files were stored. Where they
just html? Where they redirects? I need specific answers to these
questions in order to help.

What do I need to tell him?
Glad you got it taken care of.

And no, I doubt if you were compromised someone would only rename your cache folder, so it's probably something from your host. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you're updated with the latest MyBB.
Everything isn't quite right. Please see the updated post above.
I suggest what I suggested earlier, as it doesn't sound like your host knows what they're talking about (Also a grammar problem). The files are mainly PHP, with an htaccess and a few HTML files, as well as images. Also, what redirects is the host talking about?
You caught the grammar error too. Now I got it. Somehow my .htaccess file was no longer there. Uploaded fresh copy and I'm back in business.

Thank you Ooka for your help.
get a better host, they sound like idiots
Pages: 1 2