MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: probmel with convert SMF to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Something wrong with the DB connection? That would be an interesting problem. I don't know why it wouldn't be right. Any default MyBB 1.4 installation should be installed with the UTF8 charset unless you specifically change it to something else.
Hi,

I know, but it's so anyway. Did you try that UTF8 thing I wrote? in my previous post here. Use it as "Website name" in a fresh Mybb installation, and then check the DB.
UPDATE: Changed MyBB DB collation to utf8_bin, no help, and also tried mbstring in php.ini , yet nothing.

Btw, IMPEX of vB had this problem too, but it seems to be fixed, maybe you should ask them about this ?
I doubt they would want to share their expertise in a software that probably looses them customers and in term money >.>
hmm, so what else we can do?
Can you make any sense out of this ? http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost....ostcount=6
Ryan,

Attached is your name (written in Persian) entered in the MyBB installation, as you can see it's ASCII in AdminCP.

If it connects to the DB using that function (with collation, charset, set names, etc. fine and dandy) why it should be so then? we fix this thing we fix the import thing.
Pages: 1 2