MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: white screen of doom?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of problem this is. If it's my hosting (everything else loads fine) or myBB, but I figured I'd post here and give it a shot in case any of you had any ideas?

Now, I started my two myBB boards about a year or so ago, maybe a little longer. Worked fine for ages, until I stopped checking both for a while. Then when I decided to go back and possibly revive them and all I get are blank pages when I go to the URLs. The weirdest thing however, is that one day at least one of them came back, but the next time I checked it was a white page again. For the record, everyone I've linked to the forums have also gotten white pages. So it's not just me.

To be honest I can't even remember what version of myBB I had. It's been a while, and .... I can't see my board to tell you. Lol. It's fairly old I imagine, and I suppose I downloaded the version that was out around the time I made this account, if that helps at all. I'm not sure what to do and I have zero clue on how to go about fixing this. I'd really appreciate any sort of input/advice or possible fixes. *facepalm*

here is one link if it is needed, not that you can see much...link to board

Thank you in advance! I also apologize if this is in the wrong spot, wasn't sure where else to post it. Angel
Other pages are fine, it's just your index, upload index.php again.

Also moved to support.
Maybe .. just see if you are hacked...

check html in posts settings, and check if you find any files with names meaningless and only numbers...

re upload all files from mybb 1.4.8 package again

and finally, if at all you r able to se your forum again, disable html in posts for any forum.

and also, delete all of those "freaky" files which are not mybb or plugin files... (neither your own)

EVEN MY myBB was hacked to this state.. this is what i did..

maybe there is a new backdoor in mybb.. i'll check out soon..
Yeah some other pages are white too, forumdisplay.php works but showthread.php doesn't, so it probably is a good idea to reupload everything, but I don't think you've been hacked.

Oh, I've also just seen that it's a 1.2 forum... unfortunately we don't support 1.2 here anymore, 1.4 was released 11 months ago, almost a year, so you'll need to upgrade to get support... may even fix this problem in the process.

[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) - I can do the upgrade for you if necessary; upgrading would be very beneficial for you even if this problem wasn't there, and if upgrading doesn't fix it, we'll go from there and see what's going on.

PM me after the upgrade, or if you'd want me to do it, and I'll reopen this.