MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrate MyBB with my website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening.

I was searching and searching information about how to do that. I did find a lot of threads but they're programmed for MyBB 1.2.

Though I don't want a login integration, if possible, it would be great. But as I said, that's not what I want.

I need to extract the threads of a certain subforum and make them appear in my website. Someone might ask: "Why you don't use the portal?" The answer is simple: The forum is new, but the website isn't; and that's why I need use it instead of the portal.

My PHP knowledge is almost 0, but I'll do my best to get it done and I hope you can help me.
Well, I don't see why you don't just have the portal set as the default page, then have a link in the navbar that goes to your site, that way you keep the site as well as the forum, and you can pull your posts to display on the Portal. :>
Please, read the first post.
(2009-07-29, 07:31 AM)CSL Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening.

I was searching and searching information about how to do that. I did find a lot of threads but they're programmed for MyBB 1.2.

Though I don't want a login integration, if possible, it would be great. But as I said, that's not what I want.

I need to extract the threads of a certain subforum and make them appear in my website. Someone might ask: "Why you don't use the portal?" The answer is simple: The forum is new, but the website isn't; and that's why I need use it instead of the portal.

My PHP knowledge is almost 0, but I'll do my best to get it done and I hope you can help me.

Try RSS Smile
kjaonline Wrote:Try RSS

True.
(2009-07-29, 08:06 AM)kjaonline Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-29, 07:31 AM)CSL Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening.

Try RSS Smile

Very true :p

If you find a PHP script that shows RSS on a webpage then you could just use the built in RSS feeds in MyBB Smile
(2009-07-29, 08:01 AM)CSL Wrote: [ -> ]Please, read the first post.

I did read the first post. I was only offering a suggestion that swayed away from the "stick your portal in there" to just moving your main site, and linking to it from the portal. I'm not saying replace your site at all, as you said you didn't want to do in the first post.
Plenty of people have got this to work: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-22068.html