MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be nice if there was news feature in upcoming 1.6 version. What im thinking about is like some field in start of ACP where it says latest news about mybb updates , tutorial of the day etc. If this is possible as plugin i would like to hear your opinions. Also labrocca (and other payed authors)please refrain from posting in my thread, i don't want this to be commercial idea.
Also it the board would be clearer and we would have less people coming to this forum telling us that their forum was hacked due to them having old version telling us that noone reminded them. Some people don't know about version check.
I could go for just links to the latest 5 threads on the ACP index, not the whole thread though.
You can't just tell them not to post. I don't know any plugin author that has made all their plugins paid most have at least a couple free ones.

But, on topic. They have provided plenty of ways for you to know when there is an update. As you said the version check in the ACP. But, you can watch/suscribe to blog or twitter. Also get the mailing list. And, last but not least subscribe the announcements forum Wink.
I know that but im just saying it would be nice if the some latest news could be displayed in ACP as it's done in SMF.
To be honest, if people ignore the version checker when it flashes up, they probably wouldn't take note of recent news on the ACP homepage either.
Why? If they don't use the verstion check when it tells you ever 2 weeks in some nice bright colors you should run one and they don't. Why are they going to take the time to read news?
Well could be nice like for example "Theme of the day"(month) Try new plugin by.... and then explains what it does.