MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: custom template in postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

how do you insert custom template into postbit?

i tried {$test_template}

doesn't work...
Just create a new template, put what you want in it, then insert {$new_template_name} into your postbit template, with the new name of course. Should work.
It doesn't. That's why I created this plugin. It's annoying that this needs a plugin to do, but hey.

The only annoying thing is that the template has to be in the "Global Templates" set for the plugin to work.
(2009-07-30, 04:43 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't. That's why I created this plugin. It's annoying that this needs a plugin to do, but hey.

The only annoying thing is that the template has to be in the "Global Templates" set for the plugin to work.

this looks awesome, thanks

i don't understand, why can i create a global template if i can't use it?
(2009-07-30, 04:43 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't. That's why I created this plugin. It's annoying that this needs a plugin to do, but hey.

This does look great, thanks. Big Grin
(2009-07-30, 04:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]i don't understand, why can i create a global template if i can't use it?

My guess is it was meant more for a user to create template set specific versions of plugin templates (i.e. the templates for my downloads manager page on my site are different from the ones included in the plugin) and not for adding whole new templates.
Nice plugin, but it doesn't work with postbit templates. Only with header?
It should work with any template, since it runs pretty much first thing (almost before anything else runs).

The phpName field is what you use in the template as {$phpName}, and Template Name is the actual name of the template. The template you're trying to "globalify" has to be in the "Global Templates" set, but the {$phpName} can be used in any template.
yea it doesn't work with postbit.

I would just like to say great plugin Toungue.