MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachments permissions problem ( smf 1.1 -> mybb )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The conversion hasn't exactly been going smoothly (the page stopped responding when moving over the posts, but I just refreshed it a few times and it eventually finished), but it has worked so far. This is the error I get trying to move the attachments:
Quote:The attachments could not be read. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be read from and ensure the URL is correct. If you are still experiencing issues, please try the full system path instead of a URL (ex: /var/www/htdocs/path/to/your/old/forum/uploads/).

Of course, I've tried both the URL and the full path. I've set all the permissions to 777 (both for the folder and the individual files inside). I've tried copying the files to another folder and entering the path to the new folder. No luck so far.

If it matters, my SMF install was basically broken (one of the reasons I'm moving to mybb now), though the attachments were fine as far as I know. The convert script tells me there are 1,143 attachments that will be imported, which sounds about right.

Is there anything I can do to get this to work?

EDIT: I forgot to note: I'm using merge system beta 5, and mybb 1.4.
Can you provide the paths you tried?
(2009-07-30, 03:05 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide the paths you tried?

Sure

First I tried the full path:
/home/12376/domains/inanetalk.com/html/smf/attachments

Then the URL:
http://www.inanetalk.com/smf/attachments

Then I moved the data into this directory and tried this:
/home/12376/data/attach/attachments

After that, I also tried these:
domains/inanetalk.com/html/smf/attachments
~/domains/inanetalk.com/html/smf/attachments
Can you talk to your host and make sure that you have the full correct file system path?
(2009-07-30, 06:18 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Can you talk to your host and make sure that you have the full correct file system path?
Thanks for the help, but I decided to migrate to phpbb3 instead. It managed to import the attachments with this path. I'm pretty sure the path is correct -- I've used it numerous other times, and I confirmed it with ls -d $PWD/* via SSH earlier today to double-check.

Oh well. Thanks again for the help.