MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need to go from 1.4.4 to 1.4.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, got behind some with updating forum. Can I go from 1.4.4 to 1.4.8 or do I need to put .5 .6 and .7 in?
I cant find .5 on the website.
Thanks Smile
You can go straight to the newest version. When running the upgrade script ensure you select your current version (1.4.4) when asked to do so.
You should thank your lucky stars that you haven't been hacked.

You'll need to use the full 1.4.8 package; backup your database, upload all the files, overwriting the current ones, go to ./install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.4
Hello, yes I was thinking about this hacking thing. Thousands of large forums though, long shot my small ones would be found Big Grin
Updating now.
Hello, It doesnt say to deactivate plugins in the online docs. Do I need to deactivate them before upgrade?
Thanks Smile
I've never had problems not deactivating them on minor up dates such as these(mostly security and/or bug fixes).
Same, I suppose it says it there to be on the safe side, but I've never deactivated them, whether it be my own forum or someone else's, and everything goes well.
Hello, I updated to new .8 and all my template revisions & language file revisions have been put back to standard, lots of pain staking work down the drain Sad
Is this normal for templates & language files to go back to standard after upgrade?
Thanks
Actually, I realised I have the old language files from before I upgraded to .8 forum. Will these lang files from .4 work on a .8?
Would be good if I could overwrite the ones there now, it would save me alot of time. Smile
Thanks
It shouldn't revert all of your templates, but as for the languages, well as you used the full download package, you would have uploaded the default language files again... quite a few of them have had changes to them, but that's why you should note down changes you've made to files or templates before updating, so you can make them again after if necessary...
Hello, so I can upload my edited language files from .4 and these will work in .8?
My language files had many changes.
Thanks
Not really, because there were changes to the default language files between 1.4.4 and 1.4.8 and you'll have errors if you don't have these changes, so you can't just upload the 1.4.4 files again. If you have your modified version, you'll need to make the changes again.
Pages: 1 2