MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum shows wrong time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Our forum shows a time that is 5 hours later than it actually is. The clock on the server is set properly and playing with the "Default Timezone Offset" field does nothing. As a result, the post times are recorded incorrectly.

How to fix this?

Many thanks in advance,

Pahidla
hey

it's not a matter if server's time, you should set mybb to recognize your time
so in admin cp > board settings> change > Date and Time Formats

and set the offset.

regards
Individual users can also set their own time preferrences via the User CP.
usercp.php?action=options
zaher1988 Wrote:hey

and set the offset.

regards

Changing the offset has absolutely no effect on my system. It continues to be off by 5 hours!
pahidla Wrote:
zaher1988 Wrote:hey

and set the offset.

regards

Changing the offset has absolutely no effect on my system. It continues to be off by 5 hours!
Did you try changing it in your user cp?
Yes, that works.

But shouldn't this be something that can be changed at the aggregate level? Or does each one of my users now have to go in and change that setting. (That would take a long time and would be error prone.)

Also, it seems like the global offset does nothing (since it is the user's setting that determines the shown time). Then why is it there?

Thanks
hey

it's there for guests

regards
The timezone setting in the Admin CP is for guests and also the default for those who register.

You may want to ask your web host to sync the server time with the correct time.
DennisTT Wrote:The timezone setting in the Admin CP is for guests and also the default for those who register.

You may want to ask your web host to sync the server time with the correct time.

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow. I am the administrator of the machine and I am the web host and the server time is correct. But the forum shows a different time from the machine time.

Feature or bug?

Thanks!

Pahidla
Just wondering, is your timezone by any chance GMT+5 or GMT-5?
Pages: 1 2