MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want the lightbox back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just upgraded from 147 to 148 an now images will not open with a lightbox anymore. In stead the picture has to be downloaden.
I know this is a security-fix but i prefere the lightbox-version.

Is there a possibility to get the old situation back? Witch file(s) do I have to replace (from the 147backup) to get the lightbox back? I tried to take the old "attachments.php" dut that did'nt work unfortuneally.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Ger
The Lightbox i believe isn't a default feature in MyBB, so, explain more.
I think you're right, I thought it was called a lightbox but I mean this default MYBB feature that opens (use to open) attachments automatically in stead of downloading the file first.

Sorry for the wrong description.

Ger
This is a plugin and you'll have to get support for it in their the thread for it.

But, I would activate and reactivate it first to see if that fixes it Toungue.
Sorry Netsaga, but i don't mean any plugin. I dont use a plugin for that but I thougt it was called "Lightbox" or so.

What I mean is that attachments used to open automatically if clicked on his thumbnail. Now you have to click on the thumbnail and download (or open) it first to see the original (big) image.

Quote:Please note that this patch will remove the ability to open some types of attachments directly in your browser (e.g. QuickTime Movies), and will instead ask you to download them.

So I do want the security fixes in 148 except this change. Witch file(s) do I have to thake out of my 147 backup to get this?

You know what I mean?

Ger
I think it's already back,check this thread for the discussion:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-51959.html
I replaced this "attachment.php"-file but the problem remains.........
The image does'nt open directly, instead a have to choose download or open the file before.

Ger
Hm wait,that's strange. That shouldn't happen even without this mod,since the change in 1.4.8 was that the attachment isn't opening with AJAX,so it just loaded it in a new tab. It should not give you the open/download menu at all :/ Maybe try another browser?
Thanks for the hint: In Firefox it works, in IE8 it does'nt......

Whats happening here?

This is the URL from one of the postings with attachment so you can check it yourself:

http://www.wageral.nl/grieksetv-forum/sh...328#pid328

Ger
There was a security problem with just opening attachments through the window in IE8 so the download window was the fix. Sorry about that :p
Pages: 1 2