MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Index and show forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya!

I got this odd idea while thinking about a forum-skin and decided to give it a go. So far I havend't gotten very far.

I basically wanted to remove the index page, and instead show a forum with threads in. Because there's only one forum on the board, no reason to show the index page.

It would look something like:
Header
threads
Forum-Legend
boardstats
footer

I copied the data from "showthread.php" into "index.php", but that resulted in a "Invalid Forum" error. (not so surprising). I tried adding the "$fid2" (the id of the forum =2) manually into "showthread.php" and that actually resulted in showing the correct forum, only the "rating" square was a list (completely broke the layout) instead of stars.

The easiest way would of course be to remove index.php and just link all links to index unto "showthread-php$fid=2" ...... but then the forum isn't "really" on the frontpage, and it would be too easy Smile

I just got the idea of renaming "index.php" to "showthread.php$fid=2" but I have a feeling that wont work.

So, any of you pros got an idea out there? Just to see if it's possible!