MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enable eMailing for users above a certain number of posts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mean, come on. I would like to send an email to someone because their PMs are disabled, but I can't because I'm not allowed. Sad

Can users with over like 100 posts send an email a day or something? Kind of lame that we can't...
what makes you think that people who don't want to receive PMs would want to receive emails?
It's the user's choice whether or not they allow emails to them, not us Toungue
Because there's a link on the user's profile to Send an Email. I can't email myself here, however I can on localhost, 1.4.8. Why can't users send [even limited] emails to other users here?
Because we don't want the email system here to be abused by spam bots.
Hence why I said above a certain number of posts. I mean, you're not telling me you'll miss a spambot making 100 or 200 posts?
(2009-08-01, 01:25 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hence why I said above a certain number of posts. I mean, you're not telling me you'll miss a spambot making 100 or 200 posts?

If we had thought that it is a priority and important then I'm sure it could be done.
Well, your call.