MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VGChat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
oh no?

If you ignore honesty because you don't like what it has to say, then good luck to you in life.
*apparently prowler can't read the last post that stated he was on my ignore list and was looking for OTHER people to reply, any more posts that I see (even though their invisible to me) from him in this thread will be reported as spam
Ugh....ya..

Whether or not you see it doesn't matter, I was imply responding to your post. which as far as I know is not spam, not to mention it's hard to spam him if he cant see me xD
scylla: You've posted your forum for feedback from other members. You're not necessarily going to like all the feedback you get and evidently you don't like it. You should try to take something from every piece of feedback given to you, if not, you're here for the wrong reason.

He is not spamming and nothing will be done with the posts you reported.
Everything Prowler said is correct. Why would I go here when I could go to Joystiq, NeoGAF, IGN, Gamespot, or any other multitude of gaming sites that actually have content?

Quote:How many other gaming forums have you been to that offer cheat codes, gaming news updates, as well as gaming discussion in one place?

Um, pretty much every single one of them.

Almost all of your board's posts are by bots, most of your topics have no replies. There's nothing here. Prowler was right, you need to target a specific audience and grow from there.
Wayyyy too many sections. Reduce them or it'll fail. Yes, I also agree that you need to target a specific audience. Trust me, it'll fail if you don't. Take it from someone who had 2 failed boards because of tooo broad topics.
(2009-08-02, 02:10 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I have the googlebot set to the members group & it's been crawling pages very good Smile but thanks for the response about it.

Are you aware that by doing this then people can just search for your thread and click the "cached" link under the google result and they will be able to see the thread?

For example the first thread in your hardware forum says:
Quote:I am having some trouble regarding my computer for the past 2 days it was showing Blue Screen.... each time it said something else..... I only know it mentioned "kernel" once....if that's of any help. And after restart it was working fine. Is there a memory problem?

(2009-08-02, 02:10 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]How many other gaming forums have you been to that offer cheat codes, gaming news updates, as well as gaming discussion in one place?

Just about all of them..... lol, you obviously have not been on many gaming forums, we get about 3 sites a week being posted here that offer all that. The first one I found in google is http://www.gamesradar.com

Finally -Prowler- is correct, you are better off finding a niche. Some of the most successful forums here are for a really specific topic, that way people feel part of a tighter knit community and they are inclined to register because they feel you are the only forum that caters to their needs. To put it into perspective, if you were into a particular game, say COD4, are you more likely to register to discuss COD4 on a general forum which doesn't offer anything specifically for COD4 or a forum dedicated to COD4?
The gamesradar doesn't have cheats on their forum like the way I have mine setup. Plus they aren't really a forum only site. Oh and don't worry, I have title specific boards that you'll be able to see once you've registered. Big Grin
(2009-08-03, 08:10 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]The gamesradar doesn't have cheats on their forum like the way I have

Your right, they have a dedicated cheats system that lets you browse them in a format specifically suited to cheats.

(2009-08-03, 08:10 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and don't worry, I have title specific boards that you'll be able to see once you've registered. Big Grin

Thanks for readind my above post...... you can view all of your protected threads using google cache without registering because you let googlebots though.
Nah they can only view one page at a time through the google cache & can't freely roam the restricted boards without registering, are you starting to get that part yet? Big GrinBig Grin

(2009-08-03, 09:20 PM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-03, 08:10 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]The gamesradar doesn't have cheats on their forum like the way I have

Your right, they have a dedicated cheats system that lets you browse them in a format specifically suited to cheats.

(2009-08-03, 08:10 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and don't worry, I have title specific boards that you'll be able to see once you've registered. Big Grin

Thanks for readind my above post...... you can view all of your protected threads using google cache without registering because you let googlebots though.
Pages: 1 2 3