MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FreeBSD vs CentOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It's possible. But, most control panels don't support it out of the box(ubuntu).
I am in the process of making it work. Cross your fingers
out of centos and freeBSD i would got for centos for an webserver only because it works easyer for cpanel and other software like that and i am more use to it as that is what we use on all our servers we host are clients on as its just more easy but if you want an server witch runs fast then i would go with freeBSD if you dont want things like cpanel plus its much safer best for just apachi mysql and the basic stuff to just run realy well

as for ubuntu as an server i use it for my home back up server and would not be that bad as an public webserver as well as it fast and if you dont like SSH u got the gui to use an bit like windows server

but i tend to use centos the most as i think its because i know it more and its easy for me to use

ps will have to try ubuntu with cpanel if it works with an bit of work as webmin sucks for clients lol
I love webmin, no idea what your talking about. New GUI sucks, the only ones are better.
Cpanel supports FreeBSD native. However I agree that many panels don't have BSD binaries...you can still run them as Linux on BSD though perfectly fine.

I am doubtful this person is going to buy a cpanel license. It's expensive. I have a Directadmin license and I am very happy with it.
Ya, I personally prefer Direct admin but that's me Toungue.
Also i just install Cpanel on a local host with the trial key, it works decent enough.
Never used Direct admin, anyones host have a demo account?
nice keep us up to date TOm

i like direct admin as well but most clients seem to go for cpanel for some reaon
(2009-08-07, 06:55 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Also i just install Cpanel on a local host with the trial key, it works decent enough.
Never used Direct admin, anyones host have a demo account?

If you want I can temporarly activate it on my site I guess.
Umm okay, if you can give me a demo account and 24 hours to go through it (on sat) That would be awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5