MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
My Host offers 2GB Storage at a max.
As the posts/members, etc. increase, so does the MySQL Database size.
What if the Database reaches and even go over the limit?
Does Database size count as storage?
Marc O' Connor Wrote:Hi,
My Host offers 2GB Storage at a max.
As the posts/members, etc. increase, so does the MySQL Database size.
What if the Database reaches and even go over the limit?
Does Database size count as storage?
With most hosts, database size does count as storage. To be sure, you should contact your host. BTW 2GB is a lot of storage, so I don't think you will run into trouble anytime soon.
haha yeah. 2GB is huge for anything, let alone forum software (basically text).
How many members and posts would I have to have for 2 GB DB?
Marc O' Connor Wrote:How many members and posts would I have to have for 2 GB DB?
It really all depends on the size of post and data entered, so it would be impossible to give you an estimate. All I can say, is 2 GB will go a long way.
not true. Although your webspace is capped at 2GB, this doesnt necessarily imply that you are SQL Databases are 2GB each. Typical size of a shared MYSQL Database for servers are 100 MB each.

If your DB does go over that, you will have to relocate to a service that has 200MB, 600MB of 1GB dedicated SQL Databases
If your DB goes over, you'll just start seeing MySQL errors on the board most likely.

Assuming you do have 2GB database, according to the space usage on my board, a rough estimate for my board would be 425,000 members, and 8,000,000 posts. And according to Big-Boards.com, there are only 44 boards that they catalogue, that have more than 8 million posts. Each board will have different estimates because of the different audiences on the boards, etc.
and if i recall correctly, different things have different values (like posts will have different sizes compared to registered member information)

This site might be interesting for you Smile

I have a fresh install of myBB on my local server and it's only 1.05MB. There is no users or any trafic other then me.