MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ipower?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ugh. Vector level has an ugly site... Anyways... What is so good about RackSpace?
(2009-08-04, 08:08 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-04, 05:54 PM)Killswitch2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-04, 12:18 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Well his host (Vectorlayer) is small, they just happen to be hosted in Softlayer which is a great data center. Wink

It's Vector level, not layer lol.
Doh! My bad. Big Grin

(2009-08-04, 06:58 PM)magicstuff Wrote: [ -> ]softlayer hosts this website Toungue
Why not read the thread before reply? Softlayer is the data center, not the host.

(2009-08-04, 07:20 PM)Deathstarr Wrote: [ -> ]rackspace is not so good though
What experience have you had with them that gives you this opinion?

My Experience was not the same as yours I guess. When I hosted with them my sites was slow, and the server I leased was down allot but they could never find the reason.
I've never used them before but I'm working with a company that does and I've heard nothing but excellent reviews about them. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind if I ever need to look for another data center.
(2009-08-04, 09:33 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I've never used them before but I'm working with a company that does and I've heard nothing but excellent reviews about them. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind if I ever need to look for another data center.

They're very, very expensive. Shared hosting starts at around $100 a month. They have something called cloud servers that start at $10.95 per month, but you have to be command line efficient. They also give limited support as well. My friend ran his sites on them a while back though, and I remember his site always being up. I also have read great reviews about them, so I don't know.
The company I'm helping out has dozens of servers with them but I'm not sure if they own or rent them. They still use Softlayer as their backup site though.
Chances are, they rent em... Toungue Personally, I would do collation or build my own datacenter, but, Renting is a bit more convenient.
Colocation is much much cheaper than renting (I'm paying $3 more a month to colocate my quad core Xeon servers than I pay to rent my Intel Atom boxes with a fraction of the RAM, bandwidth, and disk space). The company I'm working with is probably colocating because of the costs (considering they spend thousands of dollars a month on DDOS protection I would be looking to cut costs also Wink).

My partner priced it out and to build our own data center it's going to cost about $7 million which is pretty cheap but we can also rent half of a floor from our current data center for less than $40,000 a month so we're not sure which route we plan on taking when the time comes.
HOLY SH**!!! $3 a month??!!! Where is this at Toungue Anyways, I am building a datacenter with lots of cool features... Toungue If you want, I can rent you a floor Toungue This of course, will be in a few years... When I have money from the other project I'm doing....
(2009-08-05, 01:38 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-04, 08:59 PM)macaws Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh. Vector level has an ugly site...

http://smmsweb.com/hosting.html

VS

http://vectorlevel.com/virtualshared.php

really?

you are the most unprofessional business owner i've ever spoken to

Ouch... O_o

I'm Using Dennis' hosting service.. I'm never leaving too Big Grin
(2009-08-04, 08:08 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-04, 06:58 PM)magicstuff Wrote: [ -> ]softlayer hosts this website Toungue
Why not read the thread before reply? Softlayer is the data center, not the host.

Chris wb told me that mybboard.net is hosted on a dedicated server from softlayer. Maybe softlayer is a datacenter, but they host websites as well Toungue

Look at their website: http://softlayer.com . On the homepage there are numerous hosting packages
Pages: 1 2 3 4