MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A communal starting a forum 101 tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is anyone else thinking we should start a communal wiki page or something which is basically a guide to building a successful online community, pretty much just combining all our advice and wisdom into one place. I am basically saying this because it is very repetitive giving the same feedback over and over again in the showcase. I think it should cover things like this:

*Picking a topic
*Picking a theme
*Getting members
*Creating content
*Managing users
*Gathering Staff
*General tips

And for each of these have a few pointers and common mistakes.

At the very least maybe we could prepare something in Chit-Chat then maybe one of the staff could post and sticky it in showcase.
+1.

(2009-08-03, 09:12 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean a page in the MyBB wiki?

Yeah, though people don't seem to read the wiki lol. But I think that would be the best place because then we could all contribute to it right?
I think this would be a good idea. I don't think the Wiki is the right place for it though. I think a sticky in this forum would be better.
I've actually thought about doing this before, but if we're going to make it a communal thing I'm totally up for it.
I don't have time to write anything at the moment but maybe on the weekend, we could probably just all upload word documents with a section and then someone can compile and edit it.
I say we should have a separate domain for it.

Plus we should also have a team leader to keep the things organized.
(2009-08-03, 09:20 AM)kan3 Wrote: [ -> ]I say we should have a separate domain for it.

Plus we should also have a team leader to keep the things organized.

Hmmm, I think that is going a little far, we want to keep it as a MyBB focussed thing that we can link to rather than writing an essay on where a forum can improve.
MyBBWiki? We can buy a domain...
(2009-08-03, 09:26 AM)kan3 Wrote: [ -> ]MyBBWiki? We can buy a domain...

I don't think that is a good idea since MyBB already has a wiki.
Pages: 1 2 3