MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a watch thread feature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if there was a watch thread feature so users get an email when there is a reply to the thread/topic they are watching. Is this a feature i have missed or is there a plugin that can do this.

Second of all if this is posible is there anyway to set this as default for all users so that they do not need to choose to watch but are default set to watch any threads they start or have replied to. ?
When you reply to a thread, there is a thread subscription option. Select "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" and you'll get an email when there is a new reply.
Thanks ok so now i know the feature is there is there anyway to set this so that it is on as default so as soon as a user registers (and all current users) they are default set to subscribe to all threads they start or reply to? possible to set this via database maybe?
Please read this post (and the whole thread): http://community.mybboard.net/thread-540...#pid383195

It isn't a good idea to set it as default.
Hmm i see there point but i was not thinking of spam but user participation some people register maybe make a post or two or reply to a thread or two then forget about the site but if they got a email saying you have a reply to your post they would be more likely to return to see what the reply was thus encouraging forum participation.
They can always just opt-in to the subscription.
However if you still want to do it then there is a method in the thread I gave you.

(I don't recommend it though).