MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Invitation System with Lite-CMS System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm making my little PHP "hooking" script that the end-users will use instead of myBB's default registration page. I had a look on how the registration system operated. It creates a 8 character long salt to encrypt with the password using MD5 such as:
md5(md5(salt).password)
and creates a 50-character "loginkey" randomly of course. I got all of that in my myBB's tables such as:
[attachment=14946]

I tried logging in, it didn't work, are there additional steps to do?

Thanks!

P.S.

If you want to have a look at my code, feel free the PM me and I'll send it to you.
Hello G33kz0r,
did you figured it out in the meantime?

I took a look at the process but it is really complicated I think...
(2009-08-05, 02:37 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Hello G33kz0r,
did you figured it out in the meantime?

I took a look at the process but it is really complicated I think...

No, sadly no. It would really be cool that someone could help me out. I don't really have a lot of time to try to see how the login works, shouldn't we look over there? Lightbulb
I tried to bridge the social platform elgg with MyBB in the meantime but both do use different salt keys and it did end up with a horrible mess.

So no, at the moment I don't see any chance to do it.

If we could figure out more about the registration and login procedure of MyBB we could do other mods like OpenID and Facebook Connect too, we just need more info about the system...