MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can you please describe MyBB in one paragraph?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm thinking of starting a web host, and I'm having a little difficulty in finding the right words to describe MyBB. Since there's nothing really on the main website that describes MyBB in a few sentences, can you (maybe staff or somebody that has been working with MyBB for a while) give me a paragraph describing it?

So far I have this, but I would like to see what other people write.

MyBB is a free to use, open source, PHP/MySQL-based bulletin board software. MyBB far outshines most other forum systems, both free and payed, with powerful and intuitive features including an administration and moderation panel, plugin system, AJAX scripts, a newsletter system, and much more! No matter your needs and requirements, a MyBB-powered forum is the right solution.

Meh, I especially hate the last sentence.
MyBB is a free, open source, PHP and MySQL-based message board software. MyBB has an incredibly powerful modular plugin system that allows modifications to be installed without requiring file edits by the administrator, and a flexible template system that allows specific sections to be edited with ease. Both the Moderator and Admin Control Panels are intuitively designed to allow staff members to perform tasks efficiently.

I don't know how to end this, though.
(2009-08-03, 06:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB is a free, open source, PHP and MySQL-based message board software. MyBB has an incredibly powerful modular plugin system that allows modifications to be installed without requiring file edits by the administrator, and a flexible template system that allows specific sections to be edited with ease. Both the Moderator and Admin Control Panels are intuitively designed to allow staff members to perform tasks efficiently.

Don't forget themes Wink

Last sentence could be something with users... user friendlyness or however you'd call it.
Don't get something together atm though - too late.
This is what I got so far:

Quote:MyBB is a free to use, open source, PHP/MySQL-based bulletin board software. MyBB far outshines other forum scripts, both free and commercial, with powerful and intuitive features such as a modular plugin system, a newsletter system, and a flexible template system that allows almost every section to be edited with ease. The administrator and moderator control panels are designed to allow staff members to perform tasks efficiently and hassle-free. Combine all of this with a friendly user-interface, and you get one heck of an amazing forum solution!

Do you think it's alright?
I would say remove the system after every work in the one sentence. And, make it more like...

MyBB offers many great features such a easy to use plugins, great themes, and a newsletter system.
Yea but easy-to-use plugins and great themes aren't really features. I'm looking for a better way to explain the things behind them...hmm....

Quote:MyBB far outshines other forum scripts, both free and commercial, with powerful and intuitive features such as a modular plugin system, a flexible built-in template editor, and other components such as built-in Search Engine Optimization and AJAX-based forms.
I like that one Wink.
You can always take the easy route and summarize the main page: http://www.mybboard.net/
(2009-08-04, 03:55 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]You can always take the easy route and summarize the main page: http://www.mybboard.net/
That's kind of what I'm trying to do Smile
MyBB is a free to use, open source, powerful, flexible, easy-to-learn PHP application framework. MyBB far outshines all other PHP application frameworks, both free and paid, with powerful and intuitive features including an administration and moderation panel, plugin system, AJAX scripts, a newsletter system, and much more! No matter your needs and requirements, a MyBB-powered PHP application framework is the right solution.

BTW: MyBB can also be used as bulletin board software. Smile
Pages: 1 2