MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A ban on showcase threads with:....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think on a showcase rule saying that sites must have at least 15 members and 50 posts. I origionally thought this should be a ban on gaming sites with less than 15 members and 100 posts but i suppose that would be a bit unfair.
It's so easy for somebody to register 15 fake accounts and 100 spam posts on their forum just to be able to advertise. I don't see the point in this really.
(2009-08-04, 12:13 AM)Killswitch2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's so easy for somebody to register 15 fake accounts and 100 spam posts on their forum just to be able to advertise. I don't see the point in this really.

Well at least they would be putting effort into their forum and activley trying to gain members Toungue
No, as well it's a good place for new forums to get their first members for people that aren't part of many web communities Wink.
(2009-08-04, 12:13 AM)Killswitch2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's so easy for somebody to register 15 fake accounts and 100 spam posts on their forum just to be able to advertise. I don't see the point in this really.

Agreed.
That would only require more time and effort to go into something that really isn't MyBB related.

Also, the showcase is meant to be a place for everyone to display their forum, provided it's running MyBB and they follow the few rules we've set out.
I don't know which is worse; seeing the same [boring] comments over and over, or seeing new threads about new sites with nothing new.

Under some conditions this would be a good thing, under others it wouldn't. Undecided
i've developed a way to save myself some time

Dear [USERNAME],

Your site, [SITE NAME] is simply using an uncustomized version of [THEME NAME]. In addition to that, really, another site about [SITE SUBJECT]? Have you looked at how many forums there are about [SITE SUBJECT] already? You have no unique content or anything inspirational, so why should I join your site over [POPULAR SITES WITH SAME SITE SUBJECT]? In my opinion, you need to restart from scratch.
@Bey Brad: I can actually see that working. Toungue
i'll start using it and see how long it takes for anyone to notice
Pages: 1 2