MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to install mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does anyone know how to install mods? And Im having trouble install the forum.
Dunno why, but I always end up giving people Matt's tutorials. Toungue
http://www.learnmybb.com/forums/thread-16.html
(2009-08-04, 06:27 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno why, but I always end up giving people Matt's tutorials. Toungue
http://www.learnmybb.com/forums/thread-16.html

The link is not working.
Most likely because this thread is a year old Smile I still need to get that site back online, haven't got round to it yet.

Most plugins come with instructions on how to install them.
(2010-08-03, 09:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely because this thread is a year old Smile I still need to get that site back online, haven't got round to it yet.

Most plugins come with instructions on how to install them.

Okay thanks
usually you upload the pluginname.php file to the plugin 's folder inside the inc directory and if the plugins have langauge files you upload them inside the languages folder. And if they have third files then you upload them as required in that plugin 's instructions as mentioned above by MattRogowski.
Okay I uploaded Mybb and deleted all the old files okay it now told me to To :
install MyBB on mySQL 4.0.x, you need to make an alteration to a file first before running the installation script. This is a workaround, and not an alternative - mySQL 4.0 has already reached it's end of life so you really should upgrade as soon as possible.

In ./inc/db_mysql.php, delete/remove or comment out:

if($success && $this->db_encoding)
{
$this->query("SET NAMES '{$this->db_encoding}'");
if($write_success && count($this->connections) > 1)
{
$this->write_query("SET NAMES '{$this->db_encoding}'");
}
}
return $success;

and also:

return " CHARACTER SET {$this->db_encoding} COLLATE {$collation}";

This will allow you to install MyBB. If you have any problems, please report them at the Community Forums.

Note: These changes are not needed if your host has MySQL 5.0 or above.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
But I dont know how to get to /inc/db_mysql.php

If MySQL 4 is the best your host can offer you, find a new host. It's like buying a new computer with Windows 98 on it.

Also you should be using 1.6 if you're installing a new forum.
Yes I am but I dont know how to install it ive been looking for topics on how to install it Ive only uploaded it.
Pages: 1 2