MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts attached to warnings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I think most other people use the inbuilt method, having the URL of the post in the warning details, rather than putting the offending post in every single warning; sometimes it helps to see a post in context. The only issue with linking to the post is that it can be deleted, hence me suggesting this, so the linked post stays linked to the warning.

I don't think it should be automatically quoted in the warning details because it could be a long post, linking to the post is a good way of doing it, simply making the warning button go red or disallow that post to be deleted altogether would just make sure people know the post is needed. It's happened here a few times, someone was warned for a post, I've seen the URL to the post in the warn details, then that post gets deleted, because the person who deleted it didn't realise it had a warning attached to it, and we can't really see what they said.
I have no problem with a notification of a warning via a button changing color, however what I don't want is "You can't delete this thread because it contains a post in which a user was warned for." That will get annoying.
Pages: 1 2